UPSC Geologist Examination 2012
Union Public Service Commission has issued Geologist’ Examination 2012 notification. Through this notification 382 Geologist vacancies are to be filled in. Eligible candidates may apply through online before 15-10-2012. The details of age limit, educational Qualification, how to apply, selection process and other details of UPSC Notification are as follows…
UPSC Geologist Notification vacancy details:
Number of Vacancies: 382
Names of Posts:
Posts in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines:
1. Geologist, Group “A” – 300 vacancies
2. Assistant Geologist Grade-I (Group ‘B’) – 67 vacancies
Posts in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources.
3. Jr. Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group “A” – 03 vacancies
4. Assistant Hydrogeologists, Group “B” – 12 vacancies
Age Limit: Candidates’ age must be between 21 years and 32 years for Geologist posts, between 21 years and 35 years for Jr. Hydrogeologist and 21 years and 30 years for Asstt. Hydrogeologist posts. Cutoff date for determining age limit would be 01-08-2012. (Age relaxations will be extended as per Govt rules).
Educational Qualifications: Candidates must possess Master’s Degree in Geology/Geological Science/Hydro Geology. For further details refer to the notification.
Application Fee Details: Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit card. SC/ST/Female/PH candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
Selection process: Candidates will be initially selected on the basis of Written Examination. Those who qualify in Written Exam and Document Verification, will be called for Interview/Personality Test. Finally selected candidates also must be medically fit.
How to apply: The eligible candidates may apply online through UPSC website www.upsconline.nic.in website on or before 15-10-2012. After submission of Online Application candidates must take the print out of application form and keep it safe for further reference/use.
Instructions for Online Application:
1. Candidates must visit www.upsconline.nic.in website and click on Online application for Various Examinations of UPSC link.
2. Candidates must then select the Part I of Application by selecting the link Click Here below Part I Registration of desired service.
3. Fill all the marked details of Part I of Application Form and then make the payment.
4. After making payment online or offline candidates must revisit the website.
5. This time candidates need to select the link Click Here below Part II Registration of same service.
6. Again fill all the mandatory details in Part II of Application.
7. Upload the scanned Photograph and Signature at the places provided and Submit the Application.
8. Take print out of Online Application and retain it for further use.
Date of Notification: 15-09-2012
Last date for Online Registration: 15-10-2012
Date of Written Examination: 01-12-2012.